Progress' 2017 Data Connectivity Market Survey Indicates Significant Rise in Adoption of SaaS, Data Security, Open Analytics and Data Standards
1,200 global business and IT professionals provide insight on adoption trends, priorities and challenges of big data and analytics
Significant findings from the survey include:
- SaaS adoption has increased from 62% to 79% in the last year as has significant investment in on-premise RDBMS and big data. This combination creates a major challenge in accessing on-premise data from the cloud with increasing complexity in firewall policies mixed with expanding data protection laws and security standards.
- Nearly 100% of those surveyed are leveraging various forms of data access standards (up from 88% last year).
- Adoption of analytics is increasing, with 63% of respondents noting analytics and reporting as high priority. As a result, adoption of open analytics is rapidly growing as a complementary component to overall analytics/reporting strategies.
- Hadoop Hive is the most popular interface in a crowded space of SQL-for-Big Data technologies and is expected to be the fastest growing SQL interface to big data in the next two years.
- For those using embedded analytics, 45% are also using data science tools, 59% are using data visualization and 65% are leveraging enterprise reporting.
"With great volumes of data generated every second, organizations need a
seamless integration of all sources to derive business value," said
To read the full report with the findings from the survey, click here.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying mission-critical business applications. Progress empowers enterprises and ISVs to build and deliver cognitive-first applications, that harness big data to derive business insights and competitive advantage. Progress offers leading technologies for easily building powerful user interfaces across any type of device, a reliable, scalable and secure backend platform to deploy modern applications, leading data connectivity to all sources, and award-winning predictive analytics that brings the power of machine learning to any organization. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers and 2 million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
News Provided by Acquire Media