New Progress Kendo UI Release Adds Capabilities for jQuery, Angular, React and Vue, Plus Major Enhancements Across the Board
Latest release adds new capabilities for jQuery, including zero-day support for jQuery 3.4.0, Angular, React and Vue to the most complete UI toolkit for web development
With the latest release of Kendo UI toolkit,
The PDF Viewer enables developers to host PDF files within the app
without downloading them to local machines first. The component can
work with both PDF.js and the Telerik®
Document Processing Libraryto process the PDF files for viewing and exporting. An added virtualization feature also ensures that even the largest PDF files can be displayed in the component.
- The Drawer widget, a standard for navigating web applications, can either be overlaid on top of existing content or moved to the side of content. Its elements can be customized to have their own layout templates and feature the ability to display a more compact layout, called “mini” mode, which shows only the menu items’ icons. Kendo UI also now offers zero-day support for jQuery 3.4.0.
- Existing components with major new enhancements include the Spreadsheet widget, which now has image support, cell comments and a large expansion of its events. The ListView now includes endless scrolling and the Menu offers data binding. The mobile experience for multiple components has been improved. The adaptive behavior of Grid and Scheduler has been expanded and the mobile support for the DateRangePicker has been improved.
- Kendo UI now offers Angular ColorPicker to provide either a drop-down or expanded widget to let developers select colors within Angular applications. This can be done by providing a predefined color palette for users to choose from or a gradient, which offers more flexibility for picking a specific color.
- The Angular Scheduler component has received several new features, including multi-day and week views, along with resizing and drag-and-drop support.
- Another UI component, the Editor, now has a large array of tools to manipulate its content.
- Other Angular components that saw enhancements include the Dropdown components, which received new major features and WCAG 2.1 support.
Progress® KendoReact™ UI components now provide many new React UI components, including:
- Editor, which enables end users to input free-form text and apply formatting.
- The DateTimePicker, which provides a single input element to select both date and time.
- The Notification widget, which enables developers to easily showcase additional information on top of their existing user interface.
- The Sortable package, which is a handy utility library that allows displaying a generic list of items and drag-and-drop reordering of its elements.
- The Drag & Drop utility library, which makes any UI element draggable and defines exactly what can be dragged and where it can (or cannot) be dropped.
- React developers can now get added value from existing components as well. For example, the Data Grid has two new features: column virtualization (in addition to the already available row virtualization) and Context menu. The TreeView component now includes Checkbox selection and Drag-and-Drop built-in.
With the new release,
In addition to the Grid enhancements, the ListView component now includes Endless Scrolling, which enables users to browse through large datasets without having to manually page through multiple screens.
“The latest Kendo UI toolkit release is very robust, offering
significant new components and major advancements to existing
The latest Progress Kendo UI release is available today. For more
information, go to https://www.progress.com/kendo-ui
or attend one of the two upcoming release webinars, taking place