Pironet NDH brings rapid application development in the cloud to Germany with the Progress Pacific PaaS
BEDFORD, Mass.– Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) has announced a partnership with Pironet NDH to provide its Progress® Pacific™ Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) to the German market. The solution will be hosted in Pironet NDH’s German Business Cloud®, and will allow users to quickly and easily create business applications using simple ‘drag and drop’ technology. This means that organizations will be able to use cloud-based tools to create databases, or automate workflows with significantly less programming work.
Using the Rollbase® product, part of the Pacific platform, 80 percent of application development can be achieved by using drag and drop technology with a graphical user interface, leaving less than 20 percent of the process requiring specific programming skills and expertise. As a result, business applications can be used on any device, and across any platform and environment. The solution also offers reassurance to German companies with concerns around data privacy in a cloud environment, as Pironet NDH offers an ISO-270001-certified cloud environment that is hosted solely in German data centers.
Olf Jännsch, Regional Vice-President at Progress, said, “With Pironet NDH, we have found a partner who, with their long-established strategy of operating business applications according to the on-demand principle solely in Germany, provides us with optimum support in expanding our business model in this country.”
“We are convinced that above all medium-sized companies are extremely interested in being able to set up and introduce their applications quickly in order to respond to requirements such as a shorter time to market and a business world which is changing ever more rapidly.”
Khaled Chaar, Managing Director, Business Strategy at Pironet NDH, said, “Whether in the private sector or in the business world, applications are increasingly being migrated to the cloud. Many German companies have hesitated in setting up a cloud application environment because, for reasons of data privacy, they do not wish to store corporate information in a foreign cloud environment. In view of this, we are very pleased that in addition to Microsoft and Dell another provider, Progress, has decided to rely on Pironet NDH in implementing its German cloud strategy.”
About Pironet NDH
Pironet NDH is one of the leading German providers of cloud computing. The company, which is listed on the stock exchange, has its headquarters in Cologne and was founded in 1995. As of 2014 Pironet NDH is part of the affiliated group CANCOM SE in Munich. Its focus ranges from providing corporate software over the internet right through to complete desktop solutions and business-critical applications from SAP and Microsoft.
The German Business Cloud® from Pironet NDH enables companies to utilize all options for introducing and using state-of-the-art cloud computing solutions. Pironet NDH provides IT resources and standard business applications as turnkey cloud services with flexible costs (Software as a Service) from its highly-secure German data centres. In addition, Pironet NDH supports its customers in planning, integrating and operating local private cloud and IT solutions at their own corporate locations.
The Business Cloud® is based on a set of building blocks from tried and tested cloud technologies, service components and network and infrastructure services. On this basis, Pironet NDH implements holistic and tailored customer solutions. The service offering, the IT infrastructure and also the internal organisation are all certified according to strict, internationally recognized guidelines, including, among others, DIN ISO/IEC 27001.
For customers this certification ensures the operative excellence of Pironet NDH in all processes, as well as compliance with stringent standards with respect to both technical and security aspects.
Customers include numerous medium-sized companies as well as international corporations. More information is available at: www.pironet-ndh.com.
About Progress Software Corporation
Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or in the cloud, on any platform or device, to any data source, with enhanced performance, minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress Software can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.
Progress, Pacific and DataDirect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Any other names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.