Progress Announces App Innovation Awards 2019 Finalists
Winners to be announced at ProgressNEXT 2019 taking place
The winners of the App Innovation Awards will be unveiled at
ProgressNEXT 2019, the premier event for modern application development,
“Every year, we are amazed by the innovation and creativity we see from
our customers and partners,” said
Nominees were selected from a competitive pool based on the innovation, business/social impact, scope, and sophistication of their applications. The nominees for the 2019 Progress App Innovation Awards are:
Best App Modernization
- Capita One for its One Assets application, a unique cloud asset management solution for social housing organizations. The updated app now has a single responsive web-based interface with strong mobile support, providing real-time views to manage, monitor, and prepare assets.
Finlandfor the modernization of its ERP application with RESTful APIs, modern web UIs, native mobile applications, and Power BI analytics.
- Precision Strip for the migration of Genesis, its fully integrated ERP system, as well as web and mobile apps to the cloud.
Best Consumer App
a financial services app for the
UKthat enables tourists to exchange currencies without incurring hidden fees.
- Muvr is an AI-based app that tracks orthopedic patients’ progress for both the provider and patient with pinpoint accuracy.
North Poleis the mobile app used by Santa and his elves to send personalized video message and calls to children around the world. During peak seasons, the app exceeds 250,000 unique sessions per day.
Best Enterprise App
Holder Constructionfor reimagining large-scale construction project management and building the Helix Project, an application built from the ground up to manage the end-to-end project lifecycle, reduce paper, and increase project efficiency. Jefferson Health, creators of the JeffChampions app, which enables the hospital to maximize fundraising efforts by helping to identify and input details on potential donors. Johnson Controlsdeveloped an app that enables the company to move away from paper-based transactions to increase efficiency and act in a more environmentally friendly manner.
Best Web Experience
- BNP Paribas Fortis for the refresh of its website, which led to a 300% increase in returning visitors within the first six months of launch.
Crystal Cruisesfor the relaunch of the beautiful www.crystalcruises.com, now including more personalization capabilities, resulting in a responsive and sophisticated design and digital experience across all devices.
Active for the transformation of its
UK-based website to a data-driven web platform, with a new design and robust infrastructure that prioritizes customer requirements.
The Social/ Environmental Impact Award
- imi, a specially designed augmentative and alternative communication app for non-verbal children with Autism Spectrum Disorder to communicate and learn to vocalize.
- magpi, an app that improves healthcare data collection via digitized forms, enabling global healthcare organizations to better identify the root causes of today’s global health challenges.
World Health Organization, promoters of health and safety around the world, for launching a global website that has improved content satisfaction, engaged new audiences, and broadened its user base of millions of people around the world.
More information about the awards is available at https://www.progress.com/app-innovation-awards.