Modernization, the cloud, data quality and data protection rose to the top as hot button topics and concerns for 2020
“The current crisis has brought data connectivity to the forefront as employees worldwide are working remotely,” said
Key survey findings include:
- Data quality is critical, with 44% of respondents saying it’s a key challenge (a huge jump from 14% in 2017).
- Cloud migration, now an integral part of everyday business operations, is the top modernization project for 2020, with 56% currently working on or planning projects.
- Real-time hybrid data connectivity has risen in importance as organizations are looking for ways to connect their cloud apps to on-premises data, behind a firewall, while connecting data from across hybrid, multi-cloud environments.
- System diversity is normalizing, with over 55% using both Microsoft and Linux-based systems.
- More than half of the respondents with regulatory requirements are migrating data and applications to the cloud, indicating that organizations have overcome prior concerns about cloud security and data protection.
“The world of data connectivity and data management is rapidly evolving, influenced by a variety of business and economic factors–something we are witnessing right now,” said
Progress offers cloud and on-premises data connectivity solutions across Relational, NoSQL, Big Data and SaaS data sources. Progress® DataDirect® products enable organizations to seamlessly connect any data source, both in the cloud and on-premises, to any application in a secure, reliable and high performing way. With it, companies can confidently navigate the hybrid data environment and leverage data, regardless of infrastructure, in the best possible way to drive revenue and customer success.
To read the full report with the findings from the survey, click here.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying strategic business applications. We enable customers and partners to deliver modern, high-impact digital experiences with a fraction of the effort, time and cost. Progress offers powerful tools for easily building adaptive user experiences across any type of device or touchpoint, the flexibility of a cloud-native app dev platform to deliver modern apps, leading data connectivity technology, web content management, business rules, secure file transfer, network monitoring, plus award-winning machine learning that enables cognitive capabilities to be a part of any application. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and two million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Source: Progress Software Corporation