1,200 global business and IT professionals provide insight on adoption trends, priorities and challenges of big data and analytics
Significant findings from the survey include:
- SaaS adoption has increased from 62% to 79% in the last year as has significant investment in on-premise RDBMS and big data. This combination creates a major challenge in accessing on-premise data from the cloud with increasing complexity in firewall policies mixed with expanding data protection laws and security standards.
- Nearly 100% of those surveyed are leveraging various forms of data access standards (up from 88% last year).
- Adoption of analytics is increasing, with 63% of respondents noting analytics and reporting as high priority. As a result, adoption of open analytics is rapidly growing as a complementary component to overall analytics/reporting strategies.
- Hadoop Hive is the most popular interface in a crowded space of SQL-for-Big Data technologies and is expected to be the fastest growing SQL interface to big data in the next two years.
- For those using embedded analytics, 45% are also using data science tools, 59% are using data visualization and 65% are leveraging enterprise reporting.
"With great volumes of data generated every second, organizations need a
seamless integration of all sources to derive business value," said
To read the full report with the findings from the survey, click here.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying mission-critical business applications. Progress empowers enterprises and ISVs to build and deliver cognitive-first applications, that harness big data to derive business insights and competitive advantage. Progress offers leading technologies for easily building powerful user interfaces across any type of device, a reliable, scalable and secure backend platform to deploy modern applications, leading data connectivity to all sources, and award-winning predictive analytics that brings the power of machine learning to any organization. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers and 2 million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
News Provided by Acquire Media