With a focus on inclusion, social justice and COVID-19 response, Progress continues to deliver on its commitment to the advancement of our people, communities and the world
Progress strives to conduct business in ways that have a positive impact on our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and serve. Organizationally, we consider it our duty to use our talents, resources and vision to advance social justice, tolerance and strive for a better, more sustainable world. That is why Progress for Tomorrow is organized around three key pillars: inclusion and diversity and human rights (Our People); philanthropy, charitable giving and volunteerism (Our Community); and environmental sustainability (Our World).
Throughout the year, Progress worked with its employees and engaged with its communities to drive positive change. Highlights from 2020 include:
- Advancing training and development practices for employees including the creation of the Progress Mentorship Program
- The development of three new employee resource groups (ERGs): Plus (LGBTQ+ community), Blacks@Progress (Black and
African Americancommunity) and Veterans@Progress (global military community), in addition to the existing Progress for Her ERG focused on women at Progress
- Through the work of our
Inclusion & Development (I&D) Committee, advanced programs around career development, culture and belonging, management and leadership and talent acquisition.
- Transitioning our global workforce to 100% remote working status as a COVID-19 safety measure which included providing wellness, work from home and team building resources as well as ensuring medical and support coverage for COVID-19 related care
- Donating over a quarter million dollars to charitable organizations worldwide focused on children in need, STEM education, COVID community care and the eradication of racial and social injustice, domestic violence and child endangerment
- Awarding the first Mary Székely Scholarship for Women in STEM in the
U.S.and contributing to the Women in Technology Fundat American Universityin Bulgaria
- In partnership with MassTLC, leading the establishment of the Tech Compact for Social Justice and becoming a supporter of Catalyst, a non-profit dedicated to building inclusive workplaces
- Achieving Energy Star certification for our global headquarters by the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- The initiation of a composting program and the establishment of an employee-led Green Committee, focused on establishing practices to become a more environmentally conscious organization
“2020 was a year like none other and I’m enormously proud of how our employees came together, despite the challenges this year, in their efforts to advance Progress’ Corporate Social Responsibility,” said
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) provides the best products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications. Our comprehensive product stack is designed to make technology teams more productive, and we have a deep commitment to the developer community, both open source and commercial alike. With Progress, organizations can accelerate the creation and delivery of strategic business applications, automate the process by which apps are configured, deployed and scaled, and make critical data and content more accessible and secure — leading to competitive differentiation and business success. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000+ enterprise customers, and a three-million-strong developer community rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress is a trademark or registered trademark of
Source: Progress Software Corporation