New release makes it easier than ever to securely share sensitive files across more systems
“In 2020 over 40% of the global population turned to remote work models. With the ebb and flow of the global pandemic in 2021, hybrid work models are enabling some people to return to on-site work while others continue to work remotely or move between remote and on-site work,” said
Today’s file transfer environment demands the ability to quickly and easily share critical information without risking the security of this information. A secure and reliable data transfer platform ensures visibility across core business processes and provides compliant transfer of sensitive data between partners, customers, users and systems.
Progress MOVEit 2021 makes it easy for users to safely transfer data and collaborate with each other—all while improving business scalability and minimizing IT burden. New security enhancements in MOVEit 2021 include:
- Data Encryption Key Rotation – MOVEit 2021 enables security administrators to automatically rotate data encryption keys, as well as schedule, pause, restart and report upon data encryption key status.
- IP/Username Lockout Mechanism -- MOVEit Automation administrators can now set automatic lockouts for users or IP addresses that fail login attempts too many times, providing an additional layer of security often required by larger organizations and enterprises.
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) Support for the Desktop MOVEit Client – New MFA support for the MOVEit desktop client means better security at every access point of an organization’s network.
MOVEit 2021 also gives customers new features for easier implementation and enhanced integrations, including:
- S3 Compatible Host Support – MOVEit Automation administrators can now create hosts for third-party storage solutions that use Amazon’s S3 protocol. This expands the variety of storage locations available for hybrid cloud workflows.
- HTML Email Notifications – MOVEit Automation automatically generated emails can now be formatted in HTML as well as plain text. This includes support for links, fonts, bullets, tables, macros and more. These changes make it easier for users to customize and validate email notifications.
- Branded Emails – Email notifications generated by MOVEit Transfer can now include the branding or logo associated with a user interface, helping recipients recognize email notifications as being trustworthy.
- Updated User Interface for Advanced Task Configuration – UI improvements to the Advanced Task Configuration Interface make the web-based tool easier to use and improve productivity when creating workflows—all without needing to download and install a client application.
- REST API Enhancements – A wide variety of
REST APIenhancements have been added to MOVEit, giving users far more options for integrating with third party systems and automating workflows.
“As the economy becomes increasingly digital, the growing cyber threat is outpacing most companies’ ability to manage it effectively,” said
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) provides the best products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications. Our comprehensive product stack is designed to make technology teams more productive, and we have a deep commitment to the developer community, both open source and commercial alike. With Progress, organizations can accelerate the creation and delivery of strategic business applications, automate the process by which apps are configured, deployed and scaled, and make critical data and content more accessible and secure - leading to competitive differentiation and business success. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000+ enterprise customers, and a three-million-strong developer community rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress and MOVEit are trademarks or registered trademarks of
Source: Progress Software Corporation