Progress introduces NativeScript Sidekick,
Developers are often constrained by traditional mobile development approaches, a lack of skillsets to develop high-quality apps for every type of mobile platform, and resulting slow time-to-market for apps. In this highly dynamic environment, a company that quickly delivers mobile apps with all features across various device platforms has significant competitive advantage. The speed of delivery and engaging UI are the foremost factors to determine how successful the app will be.
The newly introduced NativeScript Sidekick is a lightweight but powerful GUI client that is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It enhances the power of the NativeScript Command-Line Interface (CLI) and simplifies the entire process of developing a mobile app, resulting in faster time to market. NativeScript Sidekick is designed to be an unobtrusive companion that complements a developer's favorite code editor, IDE, source control system or other tools. Offering iOS provisioning profile/certificate generation, improved LiveSync, and a preview of Visual Studio support, NativeScript Sidekick speeds development efforts, enables higher quality apps, and maximizes existing resources.
In addition to NativeScript Sidekick, Progress has also released:
- Augmented Reality Support Preview - With NativeScript, it is possible to begin building apps for iOS and Android leveraging the latest augmented reality (AR) APIs in iOS 11 and Android Oreo. Over the coming months, the NativeScript framework will be the first to offer a true, cross-platform plugin for creating AR experiences that work on both iOS and Android.
NativeScript Marketplaceand Verified Plugins - The new NativeScript Marketplacehas been created for discovering and downloading high-quality plugins for mission-critical NativeScript applications. In addition, it offers a new "verification" process for authors to help make their plugins stand out. Over time, the Marketplace will expand to include app templates, page templates and complete visual themes.
NativeScript Playground- A new, browser-based sandbox enables developers to experiment with the NativeScript framework to build native mobile apps for iOS and Android, enabling them to get started quickly with NativeScript, without barriers or time-consuming installs.
- NativeScript UI is 100% Free - Progress has released for free, all proprietary NativeScript UI widgets, giving developers access to all of the NativeScript professional user interface components for personal and business applications.
- "The NativeScript Book" is Free - Through a partnership with the NativeScript community and offering more than 450 pages of in-depth training material, "The NativeScript Book" is available for free at nativescript.org/book,
"As the popularity of NativeScript has skyrocketed, with more than one
million downloads this year alone, we've seen it evolve into something
more than just an open source framework. Developers are embracing it as
their choice for cross-platform mobile app development," said
- Follow Progress on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
- Follow NativeScript on Twitter
- Read the Progress blog
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying mission-critical business applications. Progress empowers enterprises and ISVs to build and deliver cognitive-first applications, that harness big data to derive business insights and competitive advantage. Progress offers leading technologies for easily building powerful user interfaces across any type of device, a reliable, scalable and secure backend platform to deploy modern applications, leading data connectivity to all sources, and award-winning predictive analytics that brings the power of machine learning to any organization. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and two million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress and NativeScript are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
News Provided by Acquire Media